January 2019 Board Meeting Minutes

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes, Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Present:  G. Colbert, A. Richardson, G. Gustavson, D. Young, B. Tassie, G. Lingle, D. Kroll, J. Fernie, M. Novack, S. Oshiro, R. Castanha and C. Turner (Webmaster).

Absent:  D. Rodgers, M. Compton, J. Compton, S. Harding and M. Spencer (Administrative Assistant).

Special Guest:  Mike Compton.

A quorum was called by G. Colbert and the meeting was called to order at 7:09pm.

Approval of Minutes:  B. Tassie moved and G. Gustavson seconded the minutes of the December 11th meeting be approved as corrected.

Finance:  Copies of the monthly financial reports were sent out via email prior to the meeting.  There have been no major changes to the budget.  There was discussion regarding the tax consulting firm being used to investigate the mitigation of tax liabilities on the settlement funds.  D. Kroll moved and M. Novack seconded the Finance Report be approved.

Strategic Plans:  Our Articles of Incorporation need to be formulated.  G. Colbert will talk to Andy Char regarding this task.  He will also contact Cynthia at Title Guarantee to fix discrepancies in last lake title search.  J. Fernie will contact Emmanuel Episcopal Church regarding use of their conference room for our regular monthly meetings.  We will stay with the second Tuesday of the month as that is what board members who replied to the email questionaire said would work best for them.

Lake Security:  Mike Compton had questions regarding the general liability insurance for the security boat. He asked that a note go out with boat stickers requesting they be on the right rear (starboard aft) side of all crafts or wherever they can be visible when the boat is tied up to the owners dock.  G. Gustavson moved and D. Kroll seconded to have $300 appropriated to have the existing engine for the security boat examined and repaired. Motion passed.  We need to talk to the canoe clubs that use our lake and make sure all have us named on their insurance.  J. Fernie will contact them and ask for a declaration page naming ELRA as additional insureds.

Dredging:  S. Harding communicated by email prior to the meeting, as he was unable to be here tonight.  Some points covered therein:  D. Kroll has been investigating dredge material disposal sites.  C. Turner has reached out to Laura Thielen about Waimanalo locations for possible sites.  Laura will discuss this with the agriculture board.  This will require follow-up. The Department of Health has not finished processing the WQC401.  They still have until March for a response.  C. Turner can go ahead and post on our Website the POH-217-00100 LOP FWCA notice-signed.

Lake Health-EcoHarvester:  C. Turner has been researching cost and coverage for this “lake cleaner.”  Our present insurance for the security boat is with Boat US, but they just do boats.  Currently we are waiting for quotes from Atlas and Pyramid Insurance.

Executive session was called. 

Next Meeting Date:  The next meeting date will be Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 7pm at the Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 780 Keolu Dr., Kailua.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:42pm.