January Meeting Minutes

Board of Directors Meeting Minute, Tuesday, January 9th, 2018

 

Present:  M. Novack, G. Colbert, G. Gustavson, Sean Harding, Dick Vonier, A. Richardson, M. Compton, B. Molyneux, J. Fernie, J. Compton, C. Turner (Webmaster) and M. Spencer (Administrative Assistant).

Absent:  B. Tassie, R. Castanha, G. Colbert, G. Lingle and S. Oshiro.

A quorum was called and the meeting was called to order by M. Novack at 7:02pm.

Approval of Minutes:  The minutes of the December 12th, 2017 meeting were approved.

  1. Colbert arrived.

Finance:  G. Gustavson presented the treasurer’s report.  G. Colbert requested that each month’s financial report state percentage of the 136 homeowners that have paid dues. Additionally, how many Kukilakila members have paid.  J. Fernie moved and B. Molyneux seconded the approval of the treasurer’s report.

Strategic Plans:  A. Richardson discussed mailing out delinquency letters in early February.  Also, our semi-annual general excise tax is due January 15th.

Dredging:  S. Harding spoke at length about the progress of the dredging project.

Community Relations:  M. Compton discussed block captain reassignments. There will be an informational meeting on January 18th at Le Jardin School to tell the public what is planned for the Kawainui Marsh.  We have the one 50 foot floating berm in place. During the first storm after it was installed, two large bags of trash were removed in one day.  C. Turner will coordinate installing the 2nd berm by the Hele Street outfall.  She also will put a note on our website about the accomplishments made by ELRA towards making our lake and the canal a cleaner and more vibrant waterway.  Our cleanups and the efforts made by the Board to open the berm at the best time to facilitate a good water exchange made our “back yard” a much better place.  We need to continue our efforts to establish a firm schedule for berm opening. J. Fernie will contact some of the canoe clubs that use our lake to practice and ask that they also help in contacting the City and County agencies that govern these necessary openings of the canal to the ocean.

By-Laws:  M. Novack will send version 11 to the Board.  We will make all final comments and return to her by January 31st.  It was decided to have a special meeting for all members of ELRA to explain the new By-Laws. At the same, time we can bring all members up to speed on the progress of the dredging progress.  This will be held on Tuesday, April 17th at 7pm.  M. Spencer will inquire if Enchanted Lake Grade School Cafetorium is available that evening.

Next Meeting Date:  The next meeting will be on Tuesday, February 13th 2018 at 7pm in the A and B meeting room. The meeting was adjourned at 8:42pm.

 

Action List:  1/9/18

17/9-2        S. Oshiro   Continue quest for permanent lake cleaner.

17/12-1      G. Colbert   Communicate with Bev Hiramatsu regarding completion of new By-Laws.

18/1-1        M. Novack  Send our completed and final version of By-Laws to Bev Hiramatsu.

18/1-2         J. Fernie  Ask canoe clubs using our lake to help us encourage City and County to open the berm on a regular basis – when it will be most beneficial for a good water exchange.

18/1-3          C. Turner  Update website with ELRA 2017 accomplishments.

18/1-4          M. Spencer   If available, rent Enchanted Lake Grade School for April 17, 2018 evening.