June 2017 Minutes

Board of Directors Monthly Meeting Minutes, Tuesday, June 20th, 2017

Present:  G. Colbert, M. Novack, R. Castanha, S. Harding, J. Compton, B. Tassie, B. Molyneux, D. Vonier, M. Compton and G. Lingle.

C. Turner (Webmaster), M. Spencer (Administrative Assistant) and D. Kroll.

Absent:  G. Gustavson, A. Richardson, S. Oshiro and J. Fernie.

A quorum was called and the meeting was called to order at 7:00pm.

Approval of minutes:  M. Novack moved the minutes of the May 16th, 2017 meeting be approved as corrected.  It was seconded by B. Tassie.

Finance Report:  The finance report was not presented as both G. Gustavson and A. Richardson were not present.  Due to questions regarding the grantor signatures on the Capital One form circulated through M. Novack, Bob T. requested that it be deferred until G. Gustavson/A. Richardson return.

Strategic Plans:  M. Novack noted that the 2017-2018 budget approval and fund diversification has been moved to July.

Residents will be reminded of the 4th of July Floatilla through email, ELRA website and the ELRA facebook page.  M. Novack will take the lead in organizing this year’s floatilla.

Community Relations: S. Harding attended the Kailua Neighborhood Board Meeting last month and advised that the Kailua Board was in agreement that the mangrove impeding the streams along Hamakua must be removed.

Lake Security:  S. Oshiro was not present to report on any security issues.

Lake Maintenance:  G. Colbert continues to work on securing a maintenance crew to clean up debris from the lake.

Lake Health:  G. Colbert informed the board that B. Bourke graciously offered to contribute his expertise regarding the lake health, despite his move to California.

Dredging:  S. Harding reported that the field studies are complete and a meeting is scheduled this week with Oceanit.

By-Law efforts: G. Colbert continues work on revamping the by-laws.

Encroachments:  The board discussed updating the current encroachment agreement and the possibility of attorney B. Hiramatsu drafting an updated agreement.  How records for encroachments are kept and how these encroachments are discovered/reported (homeowner, escrow, etc.) was also discussed among the board.

Next meeting date:  The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 18th, 2017.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:54pm. 

 Action List:  6/20/2017 

  • Turner to send out email newsletter and notice on website regarding 4th of July Floatilla. M. Novack to post on ELRA facebook page.
  • Turner and M. Compton to get pricing information on floating trash booms.
  • Colbert to conference with B. Hiramatsu regarding revamping by-laws and updating encroachment agreement.
  • Colbert to contact Jason Akamine (Akamine Yard Service) for trial run on maintenance.